Thank you for planning a NY Invasive Species Awareness Week event! For information on how to get your event listed on the official NY ISAW calendar, please read the Call for Events. All event submissions will need to go through your local PRISM coordinator.
For Awareness Week related events, we ask that you:
- Keep track of and report the number of attendees to the event
- If you are surveying and mapping, record the species that you searched for and the approximate acreage surveyed
- If you are having an invasive plant control event, record the number of bags pulled AND number of acres managed
- Compiling these numbers will help us determine the impact of NY Invasive Species Awareness Week
- We also encourage you to take photos of your event
- Submit all information via the ISAW Event Organizer Online Survey
- Encourage participants to complete the ISAW Participant Online Survey, or make the survey available in paper format at the event
Event Leader Resources
Below are resources for hosts of 2016 New York Invasive Species Awareness Week events. ISAW is a statewide effort that involves many groups, organizations, and agencies. Events will vary in scope, size and audience. To help identify these events with the larger, statewide effort, we ask that you utilize these resources when planning your event.
- Event Opening Statement - standardized text to read at the beginning of your event
- ISAW Fact Sheet - background information about ISAW, including contact information for PRISM leaders
- ISAW Cover Slide - include this at the beginning of PowerPoint presentations
- ISAW Social Media Banner – Temporarily change your organization’s Facebook banner to spread the word about invasive species in NYS!
NY Invasive Species Program Logos:
For more information:
If you have questions in regard to scheduling an event, contact:
Megan Phillips, NYSDEC Invasive Species Education & Outreach Coordinator.
Phone: (518) 402-8871