Eastern Lake Ontario Invasive Species Symposium
Save the date: June 11, 2014 for a one day symposium focussed on invasive species issues in the Eastern Lake Ontario region. Sponsored by the SLELO PRISM partners and the Robert G. Wehle Trust. For additional information contact PRISM Coordinator Rob Williams at email@example.com
Western NY PRISM 2014 Annual Work Plan released
The Western NY Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management (PRISM) has released its 2014 Work Plan. Some of the major goals of the plan include:
- Collaborate with various stakeholder groups, community leaders, the NYS Invasive Species Advisory Committee, and other PRISMs and partners
- Share information and resources within WNY PRISM
- Identify management, education and outreach needs for WNY PRISM
Conduct regional invasive species management planning
- Work with Partners to identify important or priority invasive species managment areas and potential invasive species prevention zones
- Work with Partners to assist with development of project and/or site specific invasive species management plans, as needed and based on strategic plan
- Highlight WNY success stories and challenges in invasive species management
- Provide Cooperative Agreement/Letters of Support from WNY PRISM Partners to DEC
- Hire (4) Interns
- Recruit volunteers
- Organize training sessions on invasive species identification, monitoring, management, and/or prevention
- Track list of educational programs offered, events attended, and/or materials produced
- Identify educational and outreach needs and develop effective invasive species management materials
Click here for the entire Western NY PRISM 2014 Annual Work Plan
APIPP's new website is LIVE!
The Adirondack Park Invasive Plant Program (APIPP) is thrilled to announce that their new and improved website is LIVE at http://adkinvasives.com/ .
This will be a bigger and better resource for APIPP's partners and residents and will continually have new and improveed content added over time.
The PRISM invites everyone to take some time and peruse the site at http://adkinvasives.com/
More information:Hilary Smith Director, Adirondack Park Invasive Plant Program The Nature Conservancy – Adirondack Chapter Keene Valley, NY 518-576-2082 firstname.lastname@example.org